The ?Umrah (Arabic: ???????) is an Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca, Saudi Arabia, performed by Muslims that can be undertaken at any time of the year, in contrast to the ?ajj (Arabic: ??????) which has specific dates according to the Islamic lunar calendar. In Arabic, ‘Umrah means “to visit a populated place.” In the Sharia, Umrah means to perform Tawaf round the Ka‘bah (Arabic: ???????????,), and Sa’i between Safa and Marwah, both after assuming Ihram (a sacred state). Ihram must be observed once traveling by land and passing a Miqat like Zu ‘l-Hulafa, Juhfa, Qarnu ‘l-Man?zil, Yalamlam, Z?t-i-‘Irq, Ibrah?m Murs?a, or a place in al-Hill. Different conditions exist for air travelers, who must observe Ihram once entering a specific perimeter about the city of Mecca. It is sometimes called the ‘minor pilgrimage’ or ‘lesser pilgrimage’, the Hajj being the ‘major’ pilgrimage which is compulsory for every Muslim who can afford it.
This guide is How to perform Umrah perfectly –
- Take bath and Put an Ehram before crossing the Meequat boundary.
- (Haji from India should wear Ehram From their home or Airport. If you reach Jeddah Airport Without wearing an Ehram a DAM (Penalty) will be Wajib, Dam means you will have to give Qurbaani of a Goat within Haram Boundary)
- Males to perform 2 Rakaats Sunnah by covering head with the upper cloth sheet after wearing Ehram.
- After Salaam, males to uncover head (not females) say Niyyah of Umrah follwed by Talbiah thrice.
- Continue to read Talbiah every now and then till you come opposite to Hajar-e-Aswad.
- Proceed to Makkah-e-Mukarramah (City) and enter Masjid-e-Haram preferably through Babus-Salam.
- Come opposite to Hajar-e-Aswad and then stop Talbiah.
- Perform whole Tawaaf (7 times) with izh-tibaa and then do Ramal in first 3 rounds of Tawaaf with a total of 8 Istilaams.
- Perform 2 Rakaats Wajibut-Tawaaf better behind Maquam-e-Ibrahim; otherwise any where
- in Majsid-e-Haram.
- Go to Multazzam if possible and then drink Zam-Zam water by facing towards Kaabah in Standing position.
- Go to Safa and there commence Sa’ee by making 7 trips betwen Safa and Marwah (Staring with Safa and ending on Marwah).
- Shave or trim the hair of the head.
- Perform 2 Rakaats Nafl in Masjid-e-Haram.
- Umrah is complete. Remove Ehram, take bath, put on normal clothes.